Monday, January 17, 2011

The Quotable Chesterton



Even though I had never read Chesterton before, I had heard of his influence on Tolkien and Lewis, so I thought I'd give this volume a try. I was amazed at how witty and relevant Chesterton is on a wide range of topics. This book is well-organized and an excellent introduction for new readers.
5/5

Technobabble disclaimer: I recieved this book free through the BookSneeze program but was not required to write a positive review, yadda yadda yadda

2 comments:

  1. My only experience with Chesterton - aside from the wide array of quotes I see here and there - is his book Heretics. It was interesting, but not quite what I was expecting. I need to dig up another of his books and read on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've read Orthodoxy and The Man Who was Thursday. They're both delightfully written, and none the worse for being old.

    ReplyDelete