Thursday, November 26, 2009
Only...I'm not done. I have probably at least another 10k of story to go. It was meant to be an end of the world story with martyrs, and I've had only two. Well, two who were just standing around when caught. The other four or so were at the evil fortress.
But I am done!
Sunday, November 1, 2009
Also, I have started a Facebook group called NaNo 13th~Something Will Happen!
On the guide to NaNo email, it says:
November 13: Nothing really happens on November 13.
I want to change that.
Just repeat the following:I hereby promise to do something shocking, crazy or just plain weird in my NaNo story on November 13th.
Then on November 14th, tell me what you did.
Thursday, September 24, 2009
But I can't decide on a story.
Want to help?
format: 1st person
2.Skye—after Kes’s death
Kestrel’s story/dream of the fire and escape
Kestrel—18, homo avius with brown eyes and wings
Sky—15, homo avius with blue eyes and wings
Hannah—60s, homo sapiens with blue eyes
Lark, Cardinal, Swallow, Sparrow, Wren—female homo avius
Hawk, Heron, Raven, Jay, Oriole, Finch—male homo avius
Homo avius [Keslings] came from another world. Adonai opened a door into ours. Some younglings lost at separate times and were caught by scientists. The ‘Masks’ fed them on kibble like beasts.
Kestrel and Skye escape and are found by Hannah, a compassionate older women. Kestrel and Hannah try to convince the scientists to let the fledglings go, but they are murdered. Skye returns six months later and sets them free.
Not Maximum Ride, but a dream
Format: 3rd person
Opening: Kimaya driving Pari and Kelvyn away from a wedding
Kimaya—17, JaThal’s daughter who foolishly [secretly] lost magic
Hasani—15, crippled left leg ‘since birth,’
MiłjǎtaanPari—12, lost magic to save boy
Rađmœr~ mage, restores magic
Æva; 14, granddaughter of cleanser, kept in isolation
Aulis, 19, Kimaya’s brother, falls in love with Æva
All women born with potential for growing magic, which wakens from ages 5-8. It is ‘lost’ by touch between individuals. Most high class women wear gloves and veils. But one village, Miłjǎta, ‘cleanses’ girls as toddlers, to avoid ‘evil’ magic.
Kimaya, Hasani, and Pari set out to find a mage—Kimaya to restore her magic, Hasani to kill him, and Pari because her father ordered her to. Kimaya’s father has Æva pose as Kimaya, but Aulis falls in love with her.
An abandoned group story on a forum
Friday, September 18, 2009
1. Broken Pencil~Writing with a broken pencil is pointless.
2. Million Word~ It would take a million words to thank you for your love.
3. The Wordsmith's Shelf~Here their be dragons, portals, wizards, and all matter of litarary wonders, as well as the occasional musical, political, or spiritual musing
The stories behind them.
1. A quote in school organizer; Because sometimes I feel this blog is pointless.
2. From "No greater gift", VBS music..."It would take a million words to thank you for your love"
3. Old one.
I'd love comments.
Monday, August 3, 2009
Friday, July 17, 2009
BECOME A LIEUTENANT OR CAPTAIN IN THE FOREST GUARD: Every Forest Guard will have the opportunity to earn the level of Lieutenant or Captain in the Forest Guard.
HOW TO BECOME A LIEUTENANT: You must receive 600 points including 5 recruits. (You get 100 points for every recruit.)
HOW TO BECOME A CAPTAIN: You must receive 2000 points including 15 recruits. (You get 100 points for every recruit.)
HOW TO RECEIVE THE FOREST GUARD GRAND PRIZES : In order to qualify for the Grand Prize, Runner-Up prize, 3rd place and 4th place prizes, you must have at least 50 recruits. Prizes will then go to the hardest working person who has done the best job and has the most points.
Lieutenant: Emailed certificate of lieutenant status, your name in the next Ted Dekker book under the list of Lieutenants.
Captain: Emailed certificate of captain status, your name in the next Ted Dekker book under the list of Captains, an advanced copy of Dekker's next book.
Fourth place: Set of signed Circle series
Third place: Ted Dekker Merchandise super pack...
Runner up: One of three swords, Ted Dekker Merchandise super pack
Grand prize: Ted Dekker Merchandise super pack, and lunch with Dekker in Austin (trip paid for)
Time to throwdown the challenge... :P Come on. You know you want the shiny sword... and it helps there are books involved... So go sign up as a recruit, then go join the Forest Guard. "And remember when you've nicked 'im, it was me what told you so" Sp type in 6992 for referal number.
Here's the advice given..
1. Email Updates: Add firstname.lastname@example.org to your address book and watch for our email updates and also keep an eye on the “News” and “Special Missions” sections. We’ll give you new ideas for how you can be participating about once a week.
2. Special Missions: Participate in the special missions we’ll be launching throughout this campaign. Check out the “Special Missions” page to read the latest on those and stay in the loop. 3. Recruits: Learn about recruits under the “Recruits” page and find out why you should start finding your recruits right away.
4. It’s Easy: Just do what you do naturally—talk to your friends and people in your community about Green and the Circle series. Read below to see how to use the cards we’ll send you.
5. Rewards: Check out the amazing rewards available to you for your efforts on the “Rewards” page.
6. Report back: Reports aren’t as intimidating as they sound…it takes about a minute to send in a report and a couple of clicks. Don’t worry…this isn’t like school. But we can’t reward you and give you credit for your work if you don’t tell us about everything you’re doing to get the word out. It’s really important that you go to “Earn My Points” all the time and send in reports about what you’ve done. All rewards will be decided based on your efforts and the points you’ve earned.
7. It’s Up to You: Get creative and have fun! We know you have so many amazing ideas and know about things your friends love lots more than we do. We’re giving you the freedom to be as creative as you want to be. Your Primary Mission Your biggest mission as a Forest Guard member is to help us find new recruits. What’s a recruit? A recruit is a new reader of Green and the Circle series. Each time you find a new recruit, you need to get them to sign-up on the recruit page.
When a new recruit signs-up, two things will happen:
1. They will receive exclusive offers on Green and other Ted Dekker books.
2. You will receive 100 points towards the Forest Guard rewards for each new recruit who uses your Forest Guard number
. IMPORTANT THINGS TO REMEMBER ABOUT RECRUITS:
1. Recruits must sign-up at [teddekker.com] in order to receive the special offers.
2. You will only get your 100 point credit for the recruits who use your Forest Guard number when they sign-up on that page, so be sure to tell everyone you influence to use your number.
3. Many of the Forest Guard rewards require that you get a certain number of recruits in order to qualify, so be sure to check out the rewards page to find out how many recruits you need based on what prize you hope to earn.
Wednesday, June 10, 2009
Saturday, April 18, 2009
Nightmare's Edge, the conclusion of Bryan Davis's Echoes from the Edge triology, will be released on May 1st. As a fan who had the privileage of prereading Beyond the Reflection's Edge, the first of the trilogy, I can't wait to see how Nathan and Kelly save the three earths,
Wednesday, April 8, 2009
The Bones of Makaidos by Bryan Davis
Black by Ted Dekker
or C.S. Lewis's Space Trilogy
Sunday, February 1, 2009
2. My favorite color is purple
3. I index my journals
4. I argue with my story characters.
5. I hate PB&J
6. If I could meet anyone from a story, it would be Aslan or my story character Loren.
7. Bryan Davis is one of my favorite authors.
8. The last book I finished reading is The Last Storyteller.
9. I first read The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe because my mom was taking too long to finish.
10. I am 6' 3/4" tall
11. 48 is my favorite number.
12. If I could have any superpower, it would be wings
13. I prefer hot cider over coco.
14. I'd like to visit New Zealand because LotR and Narnia were filmed there.
15. CFS-- a Christian summer camp--is my favorite place in this world.
16. My favorite song is "Fly" by Matt Hoffland.
17. I have a jar of Chocolate Amber body lotion.
18. Sometimes I think a monarchy would be better then a republic.
19. I love purple peeps.
20. Dragons are my favorite animal.
21. I have swum with dolphins.
22. I have a bookcase headboard.
23. I wrote 50,000 words in November for NaNoWriMo
Saturday, January 17, 2009
It reminds of two short jokes I’ve heard:
If con is the opposite of pro, is Congress the opposite of progress?
Sometimes I think a republic is little better than anarchy. All this mudslinging and name-calling. A local state representative has been convicted of drunk driving, and down in Illinois the governor tried to sell a Senate seat.
John Adams said, “Our Constitution was made only for a religious and moral people. It is wholly inadequate for the government of any other." In light of the moral decay of our nation, I doubt that the Constitution will endure much longer.
I don’t completely discredit our system of government. Those who are eligible should vote. And if someone feels that God wants him or her in politics, that’s fine; God uses people in every field.
But I think Christians can become overzealous about politics. God changes individual hearts, not institutions. We should spend more time and energy on people, not politics. God’s kingdom is not of this earth. So why should we try to bring it about by the methods of this world? God’s kingdom doesn’t spread by the sword or the ballet box. It comes through hearts that our changes.
I, personally, do not agree with Obama on several issues. But God is still in control, no matter who is ruling. And Obama isn’t the worst leader Christians have had to endure. If Christians could worship God with Nero in control, that makes Obama look easy.