Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Once Upon a Time: Tiny

One of the first things I noticed about this episode was the image quality. I'm not sure if the problem lay in the TV, the weather or the broadcast, but the pictures seemed rather "smokey," with less contrast and weaker colors than other episodes. In addition, the shots of the giant in Storybook seemed rather cut-and-paste.
The main plot was rather predictable, and I'm surprised Anton was the only one to lampshade the unlikeliness of David's story. I mean, "evil twin brother" screams soap opera. Regina's egging Anton on didn't surprise me either...seriously, how can she claim to have changed when she's still sending out assassins?
On the other hand, I adored the road trip, especially Henry's enthusiasm for Cinnabons. Come to think of it, until he left to find Emma, he wouldn't have been to any restaurants outside Storybook.  And I loved seeing Rumple's vulnerable side too--thought something was up with the magic, though my thoughts were more along the lines of coming off a substance abuse...

No comments:

Post a Comment