Saturday, September 3, 2011

Let's Kill Hitler--Spoilers Included





"Mels, did you not understand the question? I'm asking why the Titantic sank."

"Because the Doctor didn't save it. Except you don't know about the Doctor because you're stupid. "



Well, that was worth waiting for. Although I am beginning to wonder how many times Moffat can fit a finale's worth of plot twists into one season.* From the opening shots of Rory and Amy creating a crop circle to the closing sequence, the episode is full of delicious lines and performances.



Viewers are introduced to Mels, an old friend of Rory and Amy that we've never met before--and there's a reason for that. In a series of flashbacks, we learn that Mels was even more obessesed with the Doctor than Amy was, and that Rory has had a crush on Amy for a very long time...absolutely adorable.

Another bittersweet moment was the scene with the emergancy hologram. It originally shows up as the Eleventh Doctor, to which he replies, "Oh, nononononono, give me someone I like!" It then preceded to switch through

Rose: Guit

Martha:More Guilt!

Donna: Is there anyone in the Universe I haven't messed up yet

Amelia Pond...who after a long repeatition of "I am not Amelia Pond" inspires him to keep going by saying 'Fish fingers and custard.'



The introduction of River's early character was very fun to watch--still the River we know, but much rawer and more insane...



* That's a compliment, by the way.

1 comment:

  1. Rory. Was. Da BEST.
    The voice interface was great, too - I love the Moff has finally admitted to companions before 'his.' The look on Matt's face was PRICELESS.
    I hated Mels so much, though, and at first a thought, "If she's the next companion, I will shoot myself!" And then I realized she was a young River and got, well, kind of excited although I hated everything she did. I loved the transition at the end where she saved the Doctor's life.

    ReplyDelete