Thursday, March 1, 2012

Where You Go

Where You go, I'll go
Where You stay, I'll stay
When You move, I'll move
I will follow You
Who You love, I'll love
How You serve I'll serve
If this life I lose, I will follow You
I will follow You
---“I Will Follow” by Chris Tomlin

On my other blog, I recently posted a review of a book titled I am a Follower. Instead of leading others to Christ, it emphasized being a follower of the risen Lord who brings others to him. The Christian life isn’t about building pyramids or flowcharts—it’s about following God where he leads you. As the song quoted above says, the Christian life is an adventure with a guide.

In a way, it reminded me of the Doctor’s interaction with his companions. As great and exciting as all the places they visit, it’s an adventure they’d never have without his guidance. Back in December, the BBC America blog posted the following question as part of their “12 Days of Whomas” giveaway: If you could go anywhere with the Doctor, where would you choose? My answer was something along the lines of “I wouldn’t care as long as I got to go with him.” You might not know how everything will go, but isn’t that what makes it an adventure?

No comments:

Post a Comment