Sunday, January 27, 2013

The Doctor and River in Four Quotes


One quote for each season of the Doctor and River’s relationship.
It’s not over for you. You’ll see me again. You and me. Time and space. You watch us run. 
River, “Forest of the Dead”
Obviously, I had to choose from Silence in the Library/Forest of the Dead, but I thought this quote fit the best because it points forward, to the adventures of seasons five and six.
Is River Song your wife? ‘Cause she’s someone from your future. And the way she talks to you, I’ve never seen anyone do that. She’s kind of like, you know,  ’Heel, boy.’ She’s Mrs. Doctor from the future, isn’t she? Is she going to be your wife  one day?
Amy Pond, “The Time of Angels”
This was the first episode I saw River in, and I think this quote summarizes season five (and even six to a certain extent)  when we’re still trying to work out who River is, and the Doctor doesn’t even know. She’s important to him, but we aren’t quite sure how yet.
The Doctor will find your daughter. And he will care for her, whatever it takes. And I know that,
River Song, “A Good Man Goes to War”
There were a lot of good quotes in this series, but I like this one because it shows how much the Doctor loves River, even when he doesn’t know who she really is.  Even in Let’s Kill Hitler, where she’s trying to kill him, his driving force is “River needs me.”
Just you wait till my husband comes home.  
River Song, “Angels Take Manhattan”
It just shows how secure they are in each other, that they make jokes about traffic and call each other “husband” and “wife.” I don’t care what anyone says, they consider themselves married. 

No comments:

Post a Comment