Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Welcome to Storybook (and possibly goodbye)

I know I've said this before--after The Miller's Daughter, after Queen of Hearts--but when Once Upon a Time gives me more distressing feels than Doctor Who,  it's time to reevaluate fandom ties.
At least with Doctor Who, you know that the writers genuinely care about ALL the characters. While interpretations may vary, you don't get fans cheering on the Daleks or Cybermen and being angry when they lose-loose ugh I give up--don't win.
Once Upon a Time...well, I have my doubts. I'll be honest, it's the first time I've hated the fandom at large. So many people call Henry horrible names, so many people call the Charmings hypocrites...and then last week's murder--I mean, I'm glad Cora's dead and Snow's still alive, but at least if one of the good guys had been killed people wouldn't have more reasons to sympathize with Regina...
*cough*you know it's bad when you'd rather have one of your favorites killed to protect her reputation  *cough* Anyway, I thought it was kind of cool to see how Regina responded to the initial arrival in Storybook--though it would have been cool to see if she was surprised by electronics and such...but the way she acted with the boy--as soon as I saw Owen, I more or less took it for granted that he was connected to the stranger who crashed into town goodness-knows-how-many-episodes ago (law of conservation of detail), but seriously, how does Regina's treatment of a kid SHE ORPHANED  prove she was a good mother to Henry? And then Regina claims Snow is  "corrupted!" I'd be more worried if Snow WASN'T upset about killing Cora, for crying out loud....

No comments:

Post a Comment