Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Day of the Doctor

Time Lords of Gallifrey, Daleks of Skaro. I serve notice on you all. Too long I have stayed my hand. No more. Today you leave me no choice. Today this war will end. No more. No more.

I apologize for the delay--or would, if anyone else was reading this. But I've had homework and break and work and all sorts of other real life commitments. Even now, I really should be studying for my Shakespeare final....
Well, onwards. I will admit, I had my doubts about this episode, particularly regarding the return of Billie Piper as Rose, but Moffat totally pulled it off.  Furthermore, the return to the Time War--which I had firmly placed in the never-ever-see-because-impossible-to-portray--was absolutely, completely terrifying. Not just because of the Daleks or the explosions, but because of the children.
Given Eleven's love for children, and the emphasis the Moment puts on the children of Gallifrey...all those scenes of children in red robes, hiding in the rubble or dancing in the fields...yes. That's how you portray a war of that magnitude--by its impact on innocents.
Ten was a bit more of a womanizer than I'm used to, and some of Eleven's jabs were very mature for a family show, especially with regards to the Zygons.Just...ew.
Other interesting things: Baker reappearing at the end--regardless of who he was, that was epic.  And Osgood is so cool--like, she has a scarf and follows Kate around.
Actually, never mind, I can't think this all over right now.


No comments:

Post a Comment