Monday, May 21, 2012

I Love You to God and Back



While I freely admit I am not in the target audience for this book, I have read similar books before--even parenting books-- and enjoyed some of them. This book, a cross between parenting guide and spiritual mentor, collects one hundred prayers by the author's kindergarden daughter and includes comments on them.

The first few pages were okay, but by halfway through, I felt like I was being shown too many baby pictures by an overenthuastic mom. They all started to look and sound the same. The book would have benefited immensely from being trimmed down--while the mutiple stories are fine for causal reading, they become tedious in one sitting. And even with the author's disclaimers about her child's behavor, the stories are a little too cutesy and perfect for my tastes.

No comments:

Post a Comment